BI Application Lifecycle Management for Qlik® and SAP Business Objects
Constant change at a rapid pace with limited capacities and simultaneous high requirements in regard to quality, consistency and efficiency in the development, publication and management of business intelligence applications are the primary challenges for many companies.
More than ever, business intelligence is of critical importance to companies. For this reason, organizations from all branches and of all sizes seek possibilities for the optimization of the development, publication and management processes of their business intelligence solution.
BI Application lifecycle management is nothing new. It has been successfully used for many decades in various areas of transactional systems. Modern business intelligence systems today are focused on delivering the fastest possible results for the user but not on a uniform, integrated development that follows defined process steps and supports change management and migrations in a specific manner.
PlatformManager is a server-based solution, which is operated via a simple web interface. This enables secure access via any modern browser. The PlatformManager can be used in virtualized environments and in this manner enables the optimal use of the available capacities at any time. The meta data is stored in a relational database. The meta data repository of the PlatformManager facilitates a higher transparency along which the entire development process can be optimized.
PlatformManager increases productivity, as a result of which time can be saved, costs reduced and transparency improved. PlatformManager enables efficiency and innovation.
- Traceable changes
- Adaptable process steps
- Change analysis
- Processes for the support of development and migration
- Simplified management of releases
- Data history
- Health checks
- Presentation of dependencies
Process steps of PlatformManager
- Organized and structured development in decentralised teams
- Integrated release management
- Settings for individual or multi-project and multi server-enabled environments
- Integration of developers, testers and users
- Support during the project implementation
- Comprehensive cooperation between IT and specialist fields
- Assignment of responsibilities
- Separation of duties
- Binding approval processes
- Adaptable release workflows
- Quicker change management
- Predictable development results
- Application and version analysis
- Cost reduction
- Saving of time
- Automated documentation
- Possibility of rollbacks
More Informations about the PlatformManager find here for download (PDF).